Me and my sister booked this trip in December and three months later, here we are, setting foot in the Kingdom of Thailand. Going to this country, I must say, is one of our top overseas choice of destination because we have an uncle who has been living there for more than a decade and our mother recently went there. Also, I have a cousin who also lives near my uncle's house. By the way, I was with my sister during this travel so you can say that this is some sort of family reunion!

We arrived in Bangkok Thailand in the humid morning of March 2, 2014. It was an easy breezy flight and we didn't encounter any problems from checking in at MIA to arriving at Subarnabhumi International Airport in the country's capital. First thing we did there? We bought a local SIM card so we can contact our mom and uncle.


Upon arrival at the airport, we took a cab that took us to the bus station. I was so giddy and up and about even though we're still in the cab and despite of the 12-hr bus ride we'll endure from Bangkok to Phuket. First thing I noticed upon setting foot in Bangkok is that traffic flow was nice and there wasn't many billboards or ads unlike the roads of EDSA. Halfway down the road, the engine of the cab keep failing. The cab driver tried to revive the dying machine but to no avail so he transferred us to another cab which worked in our favor because you know how airport cab surcharge works, right? 

Upon reaching the mall which was connected to the bus station and which is also where you'll be booking the ticket, we learned that the next bus to Phuket is scheduled at 4pm which means we have plenty of time to kill since we arrived at that mall at around 10:30am. We paid 675 baht for our bus ticket and asked the cashier if there's a place where we can leave our luggage so we wouldn't have to carry them around while we wait until 4pm. We ate at KFC which was weird because everything was spicy. And I am not a fan of spicy, but my sister was, so she was one happy kid.




Anyway, we boarded a double decker bus (I think Manila should have this too to solve the problem in overcroded buses) which was definitely the most comfy bus ride I've had in my life. Imagine. 675 baht for a 12-hour bus ride and we didn't expect that there will be lots of perks! They gave us bottled water, afternoon snack, thick blankets, and.... wait for it, the bus chairs were La-Z boys! I KNOW RIGHT?! So we felt like Chandler and Joey as we fully-reclined the chairs. I slept like a baby in that 12-hr trip and only woke up during the stop over for dinner, which was by the way, also FREE! But then I didn't get to enjoy it because it I didn't know the food yet and I don't wanna experiment because I might upset my stomach and God knows what could happen.


(http://www.pronititravel.com/2013/12/30/yangon-bangkok-aircon-double-decker-bus/)


Food I don't know. LOL. I just copied how the locals ate their food. I'll save the experience of trying their variety of foods for tomorrow. :)



We arrived in Phuket at around 4am the next day and took a tuktuk (what they call the local taxi) and was feeling excited to set foot in Patong Beach, Phuket.


List of other blogs for this Thailand trip:

Amazing Thailand DAY 2: Jungceylon, Patong Beach, Street Food, and Bangla Road!
Amazing Thailand DAY 3: Big Buddha Shrine and Chalong Temples
Amazing Thailand DAY 4: Phi Phi Island Hopping!
Amazing Thailand DAY 5: Central Festival Phuket & Back to the Nightlife
Amazing Thailand DAY 6: Last Day In Paradise