Up and about the next day, March 3, we hit the tourist mall up in Patong Beach.


JUNGCEYLON TOURIST MALL

Jungceylon was the former name of Phuket. So they named this tourist mall after that.




We took a quick stroll around the mall and I was surprised with how CHEAP everything is in Phuket, considering this is a tourist spot. Everything, from shoes, clothes, swimwear, gadgets and all, is almost 30% cheaper than the same products' price in the Philippines! Had I known stuff here were this cheap, I would have saved my Christmas bonus.

We hit Patong Beach, which was just a three to five minute walk away from the mall and while walking we passed by street foods and my uncle encouraged us to try some.

So this is called Bami (ba-mee). It's like the local counterpart of mami, but a little different. I am not being biased to my own, I mean, I love the local mami, even the 'maming tayo' (mami on the street that you eat standing up because there was no chairs and only a booth where you can place your bowl atop of) which once gave me diarrhea, but if you have tried bami, you'll know what I'm talking about. This bowl of heaven has fine noodles, shiitake mushrooms, red pork, chicken balls, chicharon, and vegetables. Ghaad, my tastebuds are getting excited right now, just writing about it. 



We also passed by a nutella pancake street food stall. No descriptions needed. NUTELLA PANCAKE IS INDESCRIBABLY DELICIOUS. It's like God's way of telling me, "Child, this is where your vacation commences."


Then straight up to Patong Beach!


PATONG BEACH

The locals were very friendly and I even "arbored" a lei from a lifeguard. LOL.











HOLIDAY INN PHUKET










They had very nice heated pools!

We then went back to Jungceylon for Swensen's ice cream.




We went home afterwards. Took a shower and was then ready for our very first night life partying experience in Phuket!

We went to Bangla, which is the road facing Jungceylon mall. 

In the daylight, Bangla Road is a fast-paced street filled with foreigners strolling around, grabbing drinks from the bar and buying souvenirs. But at night, this road transforms into a colorful and lively gathering of people from all over the world! It is literally a melting of pot of different races all in one happy road! For me, next to the island hopping tour (which will be featured on DAY 4 of this blog series) we experienced, the nightlife in Bangla is one of my most memorable experience in Thailand. In this road, everyone's VIP, everyone's accepted, and everyone is so gorgeous. You would just simply appreciate the smorgasbord of races and the beauty of each individual you see! I am officially in love with Thailand and it's only my second night here!

You can't say you've been to Patong City if you've never been to Bangla!

BANGLA ROAD


Oh yeah, have I told you? My uncle, who was our gracious host and tour guide in this trip is a rock star in Bangla Road! He's a musician at Rock City, one of the only two rock pubs in Bangla. Here's a nice shot of the LED screen showing an AVP that we have perrrfectly timed so we can capture a photo with it.


And here he is on stage!


That's my, my cousin Aileen who lives in Chalong, Phuket, Ronny her fiance, and my Mom. Is she really my mom? Must be the alcohol!



When you go to a foreign place, it's the perfect opportunity to try stuff you've never in your life. And so, even though I am not a big fan of alcohol, I tried Sang Som, their local rhum, AND FELL IN LOVE WITH IT! It has a smooth taste that does not give you a hangover the next morning!


And here are other pics of us, frolicking in Bangla right after my uncle's set in Rock City.





We then went to Monsoon, it's where some of my uncle's friends work. The singers there were all Filipinos.



TEAM PHOTO!



So yeah, that sums it up. The first night life in Bangla and my first in so many months, since I don't really "party" even in the Philippines.


List of other blogs for this Thailand trip:

Amazing Thailand DAY 1: Kissing The Ground of Bangkok
Amazing Thailand DAY 3: Big Buddha Shrine and Chalong Temples
Amazing Thailand DAY 4: Phi Phi Island Hopping!
Amazing Thailand DAY 5: Central Festival Phuket & Back to the Nightlife
Amazing Thailand DAY 6: Last Day In Paradise